Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolution

In yet another attempt to return to the level of fitness attained when I was in college, my new year's resolution for 2009 is to run no less than 2 miles for all 365 days of this calendar year. For a while now, I've had an interest in running half marathons; while they are 13.1 miles and simply 2 miles per day will not sufficiently prepare me, I figure committing to AT LEAST 2 miles per day will help me get into a routine.

Running 2 miles is not much of a challenge, but with the hectic and, at times, demanding schedule of raising an infant, it could prove to be much more difficult than trying this feat in any other year. I guess the good thing about posting this on the blog is the possibility of people (the 2 or 3 that actually read this thing) keeping me accountable.

My other resolution (the one that Jessica says is more realistic) is to be more organized at work. While that is a general idea, more specifically, I would like to have the upcoming week's materials for class prepared on the previous Thursday. If I can have all that done before the week begins, it should make for a smoother work environment and give me the chance to refrain from working at home.

I love the renaissance that each new year brings. Good luck to all with resolutions for this year!

Happy 2009!

15 comments:

  1. 1/1 - 2 miles, 1/2 - 3 miles, 1/3 - 4 miles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/5 - 2.5 miles, inside on treadmill (i hate treadmills)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/8 - 2 miles, 1/9 - 3.5 miles, 1/10 - 2 miles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1/13 - 1 mile in AM (COLD!), 4 miles in PM on treadmill...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sickness ended the streak on 1/19, but the training has continued now, and I have signed up for the half marathon at White Rock on March 15th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1/26 - 2 miles, 1/27 - 4 miles, 1/28 - 5.5 miles...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1/31 - 4.5 miles... switching to minutes instead of miles...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2/1 - 55 minutes...great run, such a nice day outside (it will be 20 sometime this week, I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete