Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rock to Victory 1/2 Marathon...

I ran my first half marathon on Sunday and had a blast! I was curious to see if my training is getting to the point that I'd like it to be, and I was pleasantly surprised at the race. The longest I had run going in was about 70 minutes, about 9 miles, so I was a bit nervous.

My plan was to try and average somewhere around 7:30 per mile for the whole thing and through 6 miles, I was about right on but started feeling really good. So for the next 6 miles, I averaged in the mid 6:40s and started really reeling in some of the people toward the front of the pack. After 45 minutes and change for the first 6, I went just over 40:00 for the next 6. Unfortunately, that was about all she wrote for me, and mile 13 was about 7:00.

I ended up 5th in my age group (25-29) and 62nd overall out of more than 1200. Now, feeling much more confident about where I am with my fitness level, my new goal is to average 6:00 per mile for the 1/2 marathon at White Rock in December. While I've enjoyed getting back into shape, now it's really time to start hammering out the miles.

This blog will begin to lean more toward my running since we now have a fantastic website ( www.ceceliaraineallen.com ) to chronicle the life and times of our little angel. It will be a good way to keep myself accountable for my workouts, so I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

  1. Dude! That is so awesome! Congrats!! I start my tri-training next Saturday, and I'm pretty stoked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a fabulous way to finish your FIRST 1/2!!! so happy for you! I was hoping to just finish my first, which i did. haha. COngrats on a good run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. I think Quentin would be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. want to run that race for some kiddos at Gilda's Club? ehhhh ... ehhh?

    ReplyDelete